Powered by Blogger.

Layered Food

Dududu....! let’s play with layered cakes. These photos are the example of layered cakes. Honestly, I didn’t make that cake by my self, but I bought it done. I bought 4 packs of soft cakes, they are all different flavor, products, and color.


The bottom one is pandanus flavor. Bottom two, is chocolate flavor. On third layer, is cheese flavor, and the top one is black chocolate flavor. I bought them in a mini market, very instant... hahah... To beautified the food, I drizzled coffee powder around the plate. It makes the picture more vivid I think.
When we could choose layered concept? I think the answer is, when the object, in here is food, has layers to show the delish. Like a slice of layered cake, we shoot it from 0 degree angle to show viewers the layers. Food photographer must know what is the key of the delicious from the food.
I think layered cake look so delicious if we shoot the layers, it will show us the components, the structure, texture and surface of the cake. But it doesn’t matter if you want to shoot layered cake from bird’s aye angle, it’s not a sin anyway. This one could be the example.


I used layered concept in another photo. These wafers are the example. Actually my boy, Angger, taught me and gave me this idea. I didn’t find a good angle before. I shot the wafers from bird’s eye angle but actually that was not a brilliant picture. Then he gave me an idea to stack the wafers. And here they are. The picture looks nice in layered concept. Don’t stack it straight up, but make it lil’ messy. I think it’s better. Say thanks to my boo, Angger. J


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(y)

Shiva Vinneza said...

:-D

Post a Comment