Powered by Blogger.

Relies on Natural Light

If you don’t have any flash lamp or you just don’t understand how to set the light, just rely on natural light from sun. Me, as a newbie in photography, I’m not good at setting the light so I rely on natural light though. But next time I will try to learn about setting the light using flash and reflector.
You must know the mood of light if you wanna use natural light. Sometimes it’s cloudy, or even very bright in the afternoon. Let’s see these examples.




I shot the honey nut photo around 9 am, while the sun shine bright enough, but still soft and smooth. And the cookies one, I shot them around 11.30 am, while the light from sun too harsh. Can you see the differences between these photos?
The honey nut, looks more dramatic and soft lightning and the cookies one looks more pale (besides, the napkin I used has a pale color). Actually there are many solutions for this problem. You can use a reflector and a study lamp. But our topic is, just rely on natural light.
From that examples, I recommend to take a photo in the morning if you just rely on natural light. But if the weather is cloudy, just heighten your ISO on your camera. You can choose winter concept if the weather is cloudy.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment