Powered by Blogger.

Indonesian Cookies

Here I will not tell about the technique because there was no special technique when I shot this food. I want to tell you about this traditional Indonesian cookies. Here they are... In Indonesia we usually call it ‘Kue Lidah Kucing’. If we change to English it becomes ‘Cat Tongue Cookies’. I don’t know why the name like that, maybe due to the shape that similar to cat tongue...???




Indonesian cookies  usually contain ginger, pandanus leaf, soy bean, or chocolate. Lidah kucing usually use chocolate to enhance the flavor. It’s suitable eaten with a cup of hot tea. For me, it’s not easy to make this cookies.
Indonesia has many variety of cookies and cakes. But as I know, Indonesian traditional cake usually textured wet, elastic, and sweet. For example ‘kue lapis’, ‘gethuk lindri’, ‘klepon’, ‘lemper’, etc. Banana tree leaves are so common used to cover the Indonesian traditional cake, it caused a good aroma for the cakes.
Maybe for the next time I will take some photos of other Indonesian traditional cakes.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment