Powered by Blogger.

Small Apperture

Wow... long time no update my blog... Hello all ! Welcome back to my blog! Today I would like to share one of my picture that show us about food detail. In common ways, food photography is similar with big apperture using, example 1.8, 2.8, etc. But now I want to show you an uncommon way in food photography.



It’s just about apperture. I shot this fruit photo with f 11.0. It means the aperture is small enough so you will get the detail picture, sharp depth of field. With small apperture (large number) the detail of fruit can be seen clearly. Look at the kiwi fruit, you can see the seeds well even though they are so tiny. Apperture is influenced by the focal lenght!
But you must remember that small apperture must be balanced with lighting addition. You can increase the ISO or decrease the speed. In my picture, I was using flash lamp to add the light. Here I was using Nikon SB 28 flash lamp, with power of light 1/8 + 0.3 and zoom 18. Because the weather was rainy and there was no sun of course, so I increased the ISO became 400.
About the light technique, me as a newbie just tried frame per frame with bounced light. I bounced the light to the ceiling. Why not wall? I’ve tried to bounce it to wall but the picture was too harsh.
Actually, small apperture usually used in landscape photography to show the detail of nature such the leaves, branches, rocks, etc. But in still life, small apperture used together with macro shoot. Closer to the object, more detail the object can be seen.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment