Powered by Blogger.

Scrumptious Cakes

Finally, with a little bigger sacrifices, I bought a special cake in a patisserie, for me, it’s expensive enough but that’s no matter, the point is the presentation of the cake.
This is Choco Aloha from Breadtalk. A sweet chocolate cake and fruits on top. The yellow one is peach and another is a slice of strawberry. There was whipped cream and a piece of dark chocolate over there.




Because the cake has a beautiful presentation, our duty is how can we show that the cake is so delectable from our picture? That’s the challenge. It’s not easy to find the nice angle that could show how tantalize the food is.
Here, I was using a flash lamp bounced to the wall behind me. Again, Nikon SB 28 with light strength 1/8 + 0.7. White balance I chose was AWB. Before that, I’ve tried other white balance, such shade, sunny, flash, tungsten, florescent, but the most suitable I think is AWB. It’s not yellowish or bluish. Remember that white balance is important in photography. So try to find out the suitable white balance for your pictures.
How about the angle? Don’t give up and keep find out the suitable angle. In this picture, I chose 45 degree, because I want to show the cake surfaces, the topping. If the cake has layer, you can explore the layer like my post before.
So, the first thing you have to do is find the interest spot of the food. Is it the topping, or the texture, or the structure? After you get the interest point, you can decide the suitable angle.  Then, decide the concept and properties. And the last but no least, the lighting and camera techniques.  

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment